Commercial Insurance Broker / Placement Specialist
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Company: MarshJob ID R_052734-en Apply
The Broker will be working within the Integrated Broking Unit, placing business in support of the Client Executives working on business from a cross-section of Industry segments. The primary focus of the Broker is to provide the highest quality and timely service in placing insurance and proactively working with Insurers on behalf, and in collaboration with Client Executives and Client Representatives.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with our key insurers;
- Develop placement strategies in conjunction with Client Executives;
- Accurately communicate the insurers’ quotations, including all alternatives;
- Timely placement of insurance on an assigned book of business and new business;
- Maintain activity logs, ensuring accuracy of information;
- Report all Placement Terms;
- Monitor workflow (quality and quantity) of the team to ensure it is efficient and consistent with company standards;
- Maintain the renewal control system and prepare standard policies;
- Maintain the internal library of standard policy forms and procedures and update the forms, as necessary;
- Monitor the receipt of policies from markets and prepares acknowledgments for Client Executive;
- Prepare loss experience reports, if required;
- Perform, based on instructions from the Client Executive, routine renewals and mid-term maintenance on accounts;
- Participate in audits, as required;
- Comply with Marsh Excellence and Professional Standards to ensure quality service to all clients.
- Review of final submission prior to submitting it to market and collaborate with the Client Team on a marketing strategy to achieve the client’s objectives in respect of renewal.
- Broker the deal including targeted wording changes, and wording reviews.
- Issue or obtain a detailed binder or cover note in accordance with Marsh professional standards.
- Reconcile bound deal with issued policy.
- 10+ years commercial lines (all lines) underwriting or marketing experience.
- Hold appropriate Broker License.
- CIP, CAIB, and CCIB designations, an asset.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience working with and interpreting insurance policies.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Well developed client service focus.
- Excellent communication skills.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.