Global DBA Group Leader
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Secondary Locations: Hoboken,New Jersey,United States;Norwood,Massachusetts,United States;New York,New York,United States;Dallas,Texas,United States;Chichester,United Kingdom;Toronto,Ontario,Canada;Croydon,,United Kingdom;Houston,Texas,United States;Liverpool,,United Kingdom;
Company: MercerJob ID R_027861-en Apply
This Global DBA Group Leader will be an experienced strategic leader in database technology who embraces the latest database technologies, works in all phases of database management and can lead and motivate a medium-large sized team of database administrators based both onshore and offshore.
This leader is key to delivering consistently exceptional results for all in-scope systems related to SQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL, RDS and ELK Databases. Key to your success will be your ability to utilize your agile experience to deliver the best from your team in an environment of continuous improvement.
You will be expected to provide team goals and direction, strategies, roadmaps and resolution to complex database matters.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads, influences and motivates the global Database Administration team, driving results, ensuring first class services are provided and SLAs are met.
- Defines and implements the database vision and strategy to include the development of data architecture to maximize the usefulness, availability and accuracy of key data assets and related processes while embracing the latest database technologies.
- Work with other group leaders to review services provided and ensure that they remain fit for purpose.
- Provide mentorship and direction to team leaders so that they are equipped to effectively manage their individual teams.
- Apply the MMC performance management system and process for all team members.
- Creates, manages and maintains departmental policies, process and procedures relating to standards, projects and cross functional interoperability for the team – ensuring that they align with the overall group policies and procedures.
- Prepares and tracks budgets, project plans, and staffing plans; manage resource utilization.
- Provide training and development strategy for DBA team to ensure team will be equipped to support our business.
- Lead and manage large complex projects.
- Provides leadership for modeling, management, integration, warehousing, business intelligence, storage and other areas related to key strategic projects.
- Works with domain architects and solutions delivery teams to identify and support cross-business and cross-region opportunities for reuse, collaboration and standardization to meet business needs.
- Act as a consultant to aid in the development of solutions and work closely with project teams to provide guidance and advice concerning database matters.
- Ensures team maintains compliance with database security and audit controls.
- Respond to security requirements and changes and ensure that they are applied to the systems within area of control. Assist with audit reviews and ensure audit requirements and changes are met.
- Assist in the coordination of disaster recovery activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
We expect you will be an experienced leader with a technical database administration background gained in large enterprise environments. Your ability to implement change and deliver results in an agile environment of continuous improvement will be key to your success.
-- 6-8 years’ experience in supporting Windows and Linux based Database Technologies, some of;
- SQL Server
MongoDB and Postgres experience will be favored
-- Knowledge and understanding of
- Resource management
- Capacity management
- Cloud computing technologies and environments as well as containerization (docker)
- Database monitoring tools
- Experience in at least one end-user ticket management system
- Experience/good knowledge of an industry standard change management process
- Provides leadership to a global DBA team
- Strategic thinking
- Generally has a supervisory responsibility for 25 or more staff. May also manage 1-8 Managers.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Superior communication and writing skills
- Under little supervision determines own priorities and works well across teams
- Can work on complex problems that require conceptualizing & reasoning
- Enjoys working in fast pace ever changing work environment
A degree in computer science, Information Systems Management, or Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and work experience is acceptable.
Candidate must be flexible in terms of working hours due to the nature of the role.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.