Investment Analyst - Infrastructure Asset Class
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Company: MercerJob ID R_057616-en Apply
The Infrastructure Analyst will be part of Mercer Alternatives global investment team and support the European offices in London and Zurich with regard to the sourcing, selection and monitoring of private market investments for discretionary and advisory client programs. This role is based in Toronto and is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with Mercer Private Markets’ global investment team.
Why you will love this role?
You’re an excellent communicator who can build relationships and work well as part of a busy team that oversees client programs that represent around USD 22 billion (based on commitments). The main focus of this role will be to perform investment, legal and operational due diligence on primary, secondary and co-investments in infrastructure.
In this role you will be:
- Monitoring portfolio investments through regular calls and meetings with fund managers
- Preparing screening memos and detailed investment recommendations
- Maintaining relationships with fund managers and intermediaries to ensure a systematic coverage of relevant investment opportunities, with a focus on Europe
- Preparing periodic client reports and responding to client requests
- Conducting market research studies and client portfolio analysis
- Assist in the preparation of marketing materials and RfP questionnaires
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner with team members globally within infrastructure, broader alternatives group as well as investment consultants
- Develop client interfacing responsibilities over time
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Undergraduate degree
- Working towards post-graduate or professional designation (CA, CFA, CAIA, CVB, ASA etc.)
- Current professional as an Analyst/Research Associate or Consultant in asset management, consulting/fiduciary management, corporate finance or a related field
- Prior experience in Private Markets (specifically infrastructure) is highly desirable
- Strong analytical, numerical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.