National Sales Operations Leader
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Company: MarshJob ID R_059501-en Apply
As the Sales Operations Leader, Canada, you will work intimately with the Head of Sales, Canada as well as senior stakeholders across the country driving Sales initiatives, providing insight, offering training and working on strategy for the company nationally.
You are a tech-savvy, data driven sales operations leader. You will work closely with the sales, client, marketing and product teams to implement best practices and enablement strategies designed to elevate sales productivity and effectiveness. You will help build out a regional team of direct reports to support those efforts.
Areas of Focus:
- Sales reporting and dashboards
- Pipeline Management and adoption
- Data governance
- Sales communication, training programs & initiatives
- Compensation planning
- Go To Market Strategy and Value Propositions
- Oversee the sales operations department, supporting the sales process and monitoring the effectiveness of sales efforts to ensure alignment with overall business objectives.
- Play a leading strategic role in the National Sales team, supporting the National Sales leader and assisting in driving sales growth strategies and ensuring that these strategies are adopted at all levels of the sales organization.
- Create and/or enhance processes that enable visible and transparent management, utilizing available tools or implement new ones that bring about increased sales effectiveness.
- Ability to disseminate new Sales initiatives publically and to large audiences, including acting on the National Sales Leader (and team’s) behalf
- Management of corporate CRM (Salesforce) including data quality, reporting and dashboards, training initiatives, security maintenance and onboarding
- Ensure the availability of proper sales training initiatives as well as assisting in the planning and management for roles, responsibilities, values, and rules of engagement.
- Align planning, forecasting and budgeting initiatives with business objectives, in addition to developing departmental goals and objectives for sales operations
- Implement client segmentation, targeting, and positioning initiatives that assist senior sales management/executives in deciding resource allocation based on the internal requirements and the external market; assist in the identification of new or growing sales opportunities by Industry and Geography to enable agile response to market changes
- Enhance the manner in which data is collected and reported within the sales organization through sales analytics, sales tracking, sales effectiveness, and reporting of sales performance
- Work with cross-functional teams across the business to develop innovative integrated plans and strategies for the purpose of reaching mutually agreed upon targets; streamlining sales processes/strategies, allocating targets, balancing territories, and enhancing visibility of pipeline management
Desired Skills, Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Marketing, Finance, or another business related field or equivalent
- 5-7 years of sales operations experience, with at least 4 years is a senior leadership and/or National role.
- Salesforce Administrator certification and expertise with sales enablement solutions is required.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite including Excel, Power-point, Word
- In-depth knowledge and exposure to business process workflows, sales contracts, systems integration and finance/accounting principles is required.
- Exposure to Business Intelligence and Big Data is an asset.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills with a proven track record providing business reporting for Senior & Executive leadership.
- Strong relationship building, influence and negotiation skills. Proven facilitation/ presentation skills with ability to decipher and explain new concepts and issues clearly and easily.
- Knowledge of Insurance, and/or Professional Services industries is encouraged
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Marsh will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, feel free to contact Claudia Walter at (514) 841 7880 or Claudia.email@example.com
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.