Oliver Wyman - Internal Communications Intern (Winter 2020) - Toronto
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_078662-en Apply
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 26 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 5000+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman’s thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman: www.oliverwyman.com
Oliver Wyman is seeking a January 2020 intern for the Internal Communications team. The intern will work for a minimum of 3 months for 15-20 hours per week. Schedule is flexible.
- Write and edit stories for the firm’s internal newsletter focused on our people and our work.
- Copyediting and proofreading of all internal communications.
- Help progress various internal communication projects and campaigns on a variety of topics (firm strategy, leadership changes, sustainability, inclusion & diversity, etc.)
- Help with formatting of internal broadcast e-mails from senior leaders to all employees (for example: welcoming new hires, announcing major changes in the firm, etc.)
- Develop videos and podcasts for senior leaders to send to all employees (coordinate logistics, interviewing the subject, overseeing the audio recording team)
- Creating visual content for use in the firm’s internal display screens that has eye-catching images and text, but no sound
- Bachelor’s degree or working towards one
- Coursework in creative writing, journalism, communications, marketing, or related
- Experience in writing for school newspaper or publication is ideal
- Knowledge of design programs, Slack, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, WordPress and HTML is ideal or a willingness to learn some of them quickly
Skills & Attributes:
- Sense of humor and ability to come up with new and creative story ideas, which may range from serious to more light-hearted, human interest stories.
- Creative and innovative thinker who pushes boundaries when necessary
- High energy self-starter with an eagerness to learn
- Have a passion for ideas and strong intellect
- Be comfortable in a fluid or unstructured environment where priorities often shift
- Have strong planning skills and willingness to learn
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Be anti-hierarchical, anti-bureaucratic, and not take oneself too seriously
- Have ability to manage conflict of competing resources