Rewards Consultant Senior Associate
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Company: MercerJob ID R_054604-en Apply
The Employee Compensation Consultant is responsible for managing client projects that focus on executive and/or broad-based employee compensation topics including providing direction to analysts and associates, serving as a primary client contact on projects, and writing/reviewing client presentations that include meaningful conclusions for review by senior consultants on the team.
To fulfill this role, the Consultant will:
Manage client projects by:
- Preparing project charts and templates using project management tools, estimating hours for the project team, and preparing timelines for project milestones.
- Serving as an independent project manager for more straightforward projects or modules.
- Ensuring client projects adhere to budget by immediately addressing out-of-scope issues or budget overruns and managing client expectations.
- Prioritizing project activities to manage the workload and meet project deadlines.
- Delegating project tasks in line with individual capability, development needs and available analyst and associate resources
- Writing engagement letters including project steps for senior consultants' review. Leading client project status meetings.
- Serve as a primary client contact and build relationships with clients; conduct client interviews, facilitates focus groups, and delivers training; responsible for the technical part of client presentations to HR and management, for ongoing client relationships; schedule meetings with clients and issue client data requests.
- Write and review client PowerPoint presentations/reports including Excel exhibits and initial data conclusions; work closely with senior consultants on project to determine the exhibits to be included in the final client presentations.
- Write project proposals and answers to Requests for Proposals; suggest project extensions based on existing work; attend sales calls.
- Develop new tools and templates that can be leveraged in multiple markets; deliver standard training programs; ensure intellectual capital generated within own projects is captured and available for others; proactively contribute to personal learnings, insights and knowledge through the knowledge management forums.
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in a related discipline including significant coursework in finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, human resources (HR) and/or accounting, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience in management consulting, compensation, finance, human resources or accounting preferred; project management experience; experience in data analysis, financial modeling and presentation design.
- Excellent project management, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and a strong background in Excel.
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to work under tight deadlines or changing client needs.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC). Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.