Sales Operations Leader
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Company: MercerJob ID R_037657-en Apply
Sales Operations Leader
Reporting to the national Growth Leader, the purpose of this position is to manage the sales enablement function, with focus on the Strategic Bid team, sales forecasting & reporting, and rollout of local growth initiatives.
Focus includes actively managing the Strategic Bid team to ensure the team consistently meets the short term needs of the stakeholders, and develops a long term strategy for content management and proposal effectiveness.
The role will partner with a variety of internal stakeholders (consultants, office leaders, and line of business leaders) to maximize proposal quality & win rate, adoption of key growth initiatives, and identifying addition opportunities to enhance the sales enablement function and meet future business requirements.
Strategic Bid function and Content Management Strategy:
- Ensure short term goals ( managing workflow, assigning requests, delivering against client deadlines ) and long term strategic priorities for the team are met.
- Manage the performance and development of the team, including hiring, coaching, and managing individual and team performance.
- Produce regular reporting and analytics on the performance of the function.
- Collaborate with US Proposal Specialist managers to identify opportunities for best practices, process synergies, and sharing of resources.
- Engage internal stakeholders to obtain feedback on improving the impact and efficiency of the function.
- Content Management Strategy:
- Manages a long term content management approach including the design, development, and maintenance of a comprehensive content repository and internal communication process.
- Maintains consistent processes for updating content within a central content repository.
- Oversees the team responsibility to update and refresh content based on the evolving nature of new business pursuits.
Sales forecasting, reporting, & analytics:
- Work closely with Growth Leader and local Office Leaders to support sales planning, forecasting, and reporting
- Oversee local CRM resources to boost efficiency, best practices, and process improvements.
Oversight of key growth & enablement initiatives:
- Provide project oversight, and work with local / global resources and stakeholders to ensure successful local rollout of key initiatives.
- Identify and champion opportunities for sales efficiency, best practices, and process improvements
- BA/BS degree required, MBA preferred
- 5+ years’ progressive experience in managing sales operations and RFP functions.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Experience within professional services industry.
- Experience with Qvidian software is an asset.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong project management & organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Strong people management skills, with track record of managing a team directly.
- Ability to partner with the regional leaders, function leaders, and senior professionals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Ability to work independently and on virtual teams.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial spirit to embrace change.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.