Senior Client Executive - Commercial Segment
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Company: MarshJob ID R_041713-en Apply
We are seeking and experienced Client Executive for our Commercial Programs group. In this role, you will work closely with Senior Executives within manufacturing and banking as well as car dealership entrepreneurs to establish and sell automotive floorplan insurance.
- Responsible for growth and retention of assigned programs
- Responsible for working with National Growth Leaders to prospect and win new programs business
- Coordinate with team to identify coverage improvements to maintain competitive advantage and/or take advantage of market conditions
- Product development/ improvement for renewal business and implement renewal process in accordance with standard checklists
- Prepare in collaboration with team any new business and/or renewal documentation for clients
- Implement Marsh-specific client engagement strategy to initiate new and expanded business on identified programs
- Attend annual pre-renewal and stewardship meetings with internal/external stakeholders to review program performance
- Manage the renewal service cycle, including coordination of specialty coverages/ placements
- Market or assist in marketing the program as needed
- Work with Senior Relationship Officer(s) assigned to programs to negotiate income and ensure Programs Agreements are up to date
- Schedule and attend quarterly (or as required) meetings with key contact at sponsor organization
- Conduct seminars to individual members and/or clients as required
- Provide thought leadership on topics of risk to Sponsor or Association and manage relationship throughout the year
- Attend regional and/or annual conference
- Develop placement strategy and review with team
- Coordinate initiatives and facilitate strategic solutions for assigned programs with outside service providers as required
- Train team members on program criteria in collaboration with Team Lead
- 10+ years of commercial insurance experience with a minimum of 3 years in a Client Executive type role managing a book of business
- Post secondary education or equivalent work experience within an insurance and risk consulting environment, preferably including one or more insurance related designations or degrees
- RIBO licensed
- Strong business acumen including a well-rounded knowledge of general business function, finance and issues
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization including the ‘C’ Suite.
- Strong organizational skills in prioritizing work, multi-tasking and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Results oriented with a strong client service orientation and proactive in solving client needs with a sense of urgency in all client matters.
- Computer literate with proficiency in email, spreadsheet, wording processing and presentation software as well as in-house proprietary financial and sales-reporting systems (Salesforce an asset).
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Marsh will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, feel free to contact Claudia Walter at (514) 841 7880 or Claudia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.