Pension Administration Specialist
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Company: MercerJob ID R_059333-en Apply
The Senior Pension Administrator works in a team environment as part of Mercer’s pension administration Centre of Excellence. The successful candidate will be part of a team of consultants, analysts and administrators that provide high quality administration service to a portfolio of clients, demonstrating outstanding and timely customer service in all dealings with client contacts. To fulfill this role, the Senior Pension Administrator will:
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team with minimal supervision on assigned projects to generate accurate and efficient solutions.
- Adapt to evolving standards, procedures and tools.
- Diagnose system problems and respond to testing feedback.
- Analyze pension plan documents to complete or provide final peer review of complex pension calculations performed by others ensuring accuracy against plan documents for defined benefit pension plans. Use this knowledge to develop or update system, calculator and database, and for testing of system and tools.
- Maintain an expert knowledge of relevant pension related legislation in all provincial jurisdictions.
- Provide peer review on all year-end process – i.e. pension adjustments, pension adjustment reversals, membership reconciliations, fund reconciliations, annual statements, annual information returns, etc.
- Maintain an expert knowledge of relevant pension related provisions in the Income Tax Act (ITA).
- Identify and resolves issues that affect accuracy. Suggest process improvements to management.
- Provide guidance and training to client teams and serve as a subject matter expert.
- Analyze legislative and regulatory summaries and ensure compliance for all client work. Adherence to all established standards.
- Acting in accordance with Mercer Professional Standards and following the peer review/checking process.
- Set priorities and coordinate projects taking into account established deadlines.
- Development and maintenance of Excel based pension administration calculation tools.
- At least 5 years of prior experience working with defined benefit pension plans and related provincial legislation
- Demonstrate the following competencies: strong analytical and organization skills, thoroughness, attention to detail, excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to work in teams, self-reliance, resourcefulness
- Excellent communication, organization, presentation and negotiation skills
- Proficient with MS-Office software programs and expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Visual Basic for Applications is an asset
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience in mathematics, accounting, or finance is an asset
- Basic understanding of actuarial principles is an asset
- Completion or enrolment in FSA, ASA and/or FCIA is an asset
- Fluency in French is an asset
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC). Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.