Trade Credit Broker
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Company: MarshJob ID R_085567-en Apply
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. In today’s increasingly uncertain global business environment, Marsh helps clients to thrive and survive.
Marsh is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Toronto office:
Trade Credit Broker
What can you expect?
- You will be joining the largest global team currently in the market for trade credit broking with over 850 colleagues worldwide.
- Working within the Credit Specialties Practice consisting of Political Risk, Trade Credit Insurance, Structured Credit Solutions and Commercial Surety.
- Act as an advisor for clients, develop solutions for ‘standard’ client needs in the Trade Credit and Structure Credit space, participate in presentations to clients and prospective clients.
- Be responsible for ‘cradle to grave’ placement and servicing – understanding Client’s needs thoroughly, communicating these to insurers and always deliver solutions that meet requirements.
What is in it for you?
Marsh Canada offers competitive employee benefits and a thriving culture to bring your authentic self to work
- A company with a strong Brand and strong results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership with HR from the business.
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Competitive pay (salary and bonus potential), Full benefits package – starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, RSP (Retirement Savings Plan or TFSA (tax free savings account.) (regional specificity required)
- Generous Parental Leave and Tuition Reimbursement plan per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (regional specificity required)
- Entitled to 4 weeks of vacation, 2 personal days, 2 floating holidays, time off to give back to your community, 10 sick days, and nine company holidays (with early dismissal).
- Work from home 1 day per week
- Multiple medical, dental, and vision plans with choices to fit all needs and budgets
We will count on you to:
- Work closely with other team members in the practice to manage client accounts and coordinate prospecting activity.
- Interact with Client Executives and Business Development Leaders across Canada in educating them on the characteristics and benefits of each solution presented by the Credit Specialties practice.
- Be responsible for specified client accounts, both for management of existing clients as well as the generation of new business within the industry.
- Contribute to the growth of revenue by assisting in the design of insurance solutions to meet client needs.
- Prepare underwriting specifications and evaluate quotes from underwriters.
- Assist in producing client proposals, analysis and presentations as required.
- Work closely with Political Risk, Trade Credit, underwriters to manage large key accounts.
- Participate in client meetings and group presentations.
- Review policies and initiates draft recommendation for coverage.
- Request changes from underwriters.
- Manage the billing and receivable activity on assigned accounts.
- Provide assistance with coverage questions and program adjustments; solve problems regarding client account issues.
What you need to have:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience, in Business, Economics or related field combined with minimum of 5 years of financial industry or commercial insurance experience.
- Trade Credit Insurance experience (either as a broker or an underwriter)
- Financial industry experience with special focus on credit or corporate finance in general.
- A RIBO license or willing to complete necessary insurance licensing within first 3 months of employment.
- A solid understanding of basic property/casualty insurance principals.
- Good computer skills with proficiency in email, MS Word and MS Excel software as well as working knowledge of presentation software.
What makes you stand out:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Results oriented with a strong customer service focus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills in prioritizing work, multi-tasking and consistently meeting deadlines.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Marsh will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, feel free to contact Claudia Walter at (514) 841 7880 or Claudia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.