Wealth Consulting Analyst
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Company: MercerJob ID R_047739-en Apply
Wealth Consulting Analyst
The Wealth Consulting Analyst works as part of our Consulting team, which provides a full range of services for sponsors of defined contribution pension and savings plans (e.g. Group RRSP, DPSP, EPSP, NRSP, TFSA) and Defined Benefit pension plans.
This role consists in supporting consultants in working with plan sponsors to design their DC plans (including conversion of the defined benefit plans to DC plans), select and monitor record keepers, structure investment options offered to participants, select and monitor fund managers and oversee the contingent improvement of sound plan management.
Mercer’s consulting team utilizes a full suite of proprietary tools and databases in the delivery of these services, (e.g. global database housing our research on investment managers, DC fee database and analytics tools, DC plan design database, detailed profiles of DC record keepers). The successful candidate will receive training on our full suite tools and services, and will be supported by a national team of consultants to act as sounding boards and help cross-train the successful candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities
To fulfill this role, the ideal candidate would be able to use his or her skills, in conjunction with Mercer’s extensive intellectual capital to do the following:
- Demonstrate knowledge of defined benefit and defined contribution plans and their way of functioning, including regulatory and actuarial aspects.
- Contribute in establishing the DC design and in evaluating DC benefit adequacy.
- Interact with clients, administrators, fund managers and colleagues.
- Participate in the preparation of the reports and support consultants in finding innovative client solutions.
- Collect and analyze information required for the selection of record keepers and monitoring of the plan operations.
- Act as a reference point and collaborate with the record keeper in implementing DC plans.
- Collect and analyze information required for the structure of investment options offered to participants, selection of the fund managers, and the establishment of the investment policies.
- Develop knowledge and skills to eventually assume more direct client responsibilities.
- Contribute to the expansion and ongoing maintenance of our DC intellectual capital.
Qualifications and attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Commerce, Finance, Economics, or other business related areas with strong quantitative and analytical course content.
- Minimum of 0-2 years of related experience or work experience with a pension plan/savings plan.
- Working knowledge of institutional capital accumulation plan environment.
- Knowledge of recordkeeping and investment administration would be an asset.
- Superior communication and project management skills.
- Ability to deliver complex projects within a short timeframes.
- Adaptable and collaborative work style.
- MS Office suite of products – Excel, Word, Powerpoint
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.