Regional Corporate Recruiter - MMA Troy, MI
Location: Troy, Michigan, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_048473-en Apply
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn’t your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) located in Troy, MI may be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you’ll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement.
Our talented colleagues work hard to make a difference in the moments that matter for our clients, communities and each other. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
The Regional Corporate Recruiter is responsible for the execution of the talent acquisition strategy for key roles across the Upper Midwest region. The Regional Corporate Recruiter sources candidates for MMA’s business development and client service opportunities, shares the MMA story, develops relationship with top talent within the region, and identifies the best candidates to present to hiring managers.
- Align hiring and recruitment strategies and tactics with business needs. Provide guidance to hiring managers on talent acquisition strategies and processes, including feedback from market.
- Source top industry talent across the region. Build and maintain a pipeline of potential passive and active candidates through proactive labor market and industry research and ongoing relationship management.
- Continually source via multiple avenues, including networking, social media, cold calling, local college/university relationship building and other creative methods for attracting and maintaining a strong pool of talented candidates. Ensure recruiting messages align with MMA recruiting brand.
- Facilitate selection process for open requisitions within designated offices, to include posting, sourcing, pre-screening, phone interviews, interview post-mortems, candidate assessments, and reference checks. Present agencies with accurate assessment of candidates recommended for further evaluation.
- Maintain accurate records in Applicant Tracking System, and provide proactive communication to candidates and hiring managers.
- Tell the story of MMA – who we are, what we do, and what we are building. Promote our opportunities to both industry and non-industry talent.
- Partner closely with local human resources partners and agency leaders to understand the business and each office’s talent needs. Conduct weekly status calls with local HR.
- Appropriate tracking and analysis of sourcing methods, as well as regular reporting of activity and results to management.
- Passion for identifying the best candidates to join the MMA team, and for building great things.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, or related discipline required. 3+ years of sales or consultative recruiting experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in either a corporate or agency recruiting role required; experience recruiting sales professionals is preferred.
- Extensive online and in-person networking experience required.
- Knowledge of HR practices and principles, and all applicable employment, labor, wage laws, and EEO regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems; experience in Workday preferred.
- Strong sourcing, screening, and interviewing skills required
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Excellent project management, analytical, writing, and oral communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to function/ recruit on a national, multi-location level.
- Must be Internet savvy and experienced in mining online databases
- Ability to quickly build rapport with candidates via telephone or written communication is required. Ideal candidate will be strategic, energetic, highly motivated, responsive, persuasive and self-directed.
- Have a bias towards action and be able to mobilize quickly.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Frequently required to sit; speak or hear; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and reach with hands and arms;
- Occasionally required to stand and walk;
- Extensive use of computer and keyboard and viewing of computer screen is required;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Other working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Up to 25% overnight travel may be required, consisting primarily of 1-2 day trips.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) firmly believes it is the character and commitment of our people that make a difference in the moments that matter. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams. More than just insurance brokers, we believe that a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep employees engaged and productive.
If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering excellent service, we are interested in hearing from you.