Part-time Systems Support Specialist, IT - Marsh & McLennan Agency - Troy, MI
Location: Troy, Michigan, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_054756-en Apply
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn’t your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) located in Troy, Michigan may be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you’ll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement. Our talented colleagues work hard to make a difference in the moments that matter for our clients, communities and each other. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
Our office in Troy serves the group benefit needs of organizations headquartered in Michigan that employ between 100 and 10,000 workers. We provide innovative and individually tailored cost reduction strategies and tactics in all of the functional elements of group benefit plans. The Systems Support Specialist has dual responsibilities in providing helpdesk support and providing systems operations support. The Systems Support Specialist will work under the supervision of the IT Director to ensure proper desktop and network computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks.
- Troubleshoots minor software, hardware, and email issues.
- Resolves help desk requests as directed.
- Assists with ongoing maintenance tasks (hardware and software).
- Provides end user training as needed.
- Assists with the set-up of computer systems for new employees, including setup of phone(s).Assists with other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience as a PC technician or a Desktop Support Specialist preferred.
- Knowledge in Windows 7, Windows 10, and Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to process information logically and solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in relaying technical information to non-technical users.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and recommend practical solutions.
This is a part-time position of 10 hours per week. Interested candidates must be available to work Monday through Friday.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) firmly believes it is the character and commitment of our people that make a difference in the moments that matter. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams. More than just insurance brokers, we believe that a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep employees engaged and productive.
If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering excellent service, we are interested in hearing from you.