Claims Examiner - ICAT
Location: Broomfield, Colorado
Company: MarshJob ID COL0008Q Apply
The Commercial Claims Examiner II adjusts Commercial property and catastrophe claims as well as provides a full range of claims support and customer service for all of Boulder Claims’ operations. The Commercial Claims Examiner II will work closely with the Claims Supervisor, Large Loss Specialist and Independent Field Adjusters to ensure a thorough handling of assigned claims files from beginning to end of the claims life cycle. Possessing previous commercial property and catastrophe experience is required for successful performance in this role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily.
- Provides a full range commercial property claims adjustment duties. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate estimates and inspections.
- Apply coverages on Boulder Claims’ losses.
- Review and analyze reports from independents, experts and vendors.
- Prepare for negotiation or settlement of assigned claims.
- Prepare claim payments within established authority.
- Works within operating systems, policies and procedures that achieve the directives of the strategic plans of the business unit and company.
- Negotiates with insureds, public adjusters, attorneys, and other parties representing ICAT insureds.
- Prepares reports on assigned claims.
- Provides feedback on claims procedures and processes.
- Participate in ICAT underwriting quality and claims reviews.
- Participate in Boulder Claims’ Commercial Property Large Loss meetings as needed.
- Where appropriate, attend internal and external training and seminars.
- Where appropriate, perform claim closings and re-openings on files.
- This position has the option to work from home.
- Support project manager including, preparation of documents, and follow-up on timelines and deliverables.
- Attend project meetings and prepare meeting minutes and action items.
- Participate on cross-functional teams.
- Maintain knowledge of and support ICAT’s company values and strategic plan.
- Sit or stand and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach.
- Work is generally scheduled Monday through Friday with some evening, weekend and holiday hours.
- Perform general office administrative activities, including copying, filing and using the phone.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance, business or related field or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years commercial property catastrophe claims examination processing experience or related insurance experience.
- Adjusters License for a minimum of Texas and Florida. Able to obtain reciprocal licensing where required for the business and approved by the state.
At ICAT, we have a single goal: help business owners and homeowners recover from a disaster.
Since 1998, ICAT has provided catastrophe insurance coverage to home and business owners throughout the United States. From day one through today, we remain a highly specialized, disciplined underwriter of catastrophe property insurance risk.
ICAT has over 200 employees and serves more than 65,000 customers in 42 states through its online quoting system, www.icat.com
ICAT underwrites on behalf of a diverse line up of strong carrier partners and Lloyd's of London syndicates. Claims administration services are provided by ICAT's sister company Boulder Claims. Boulder Claims was founded in 2005 and in its short history has successfully adjusted and settled over 23,000 claims, including claims from Hurricanes Charley, Frances, Ivan, Jeanne, Katrina, Rita, Wilma, Dolly, Gustav and Ike. ICAT is based in Broomfield, CO with additional offices in Tampa and Honolulu.
ICAT is owned by The Schinnerer Group. The Schinnerer Group is one of the largest and most experienced underwriting managers of specialty insurance programs in the world. The Schinnerer Group includes Victor O. Schinnerer & Company and ICAT in the United States, ENCON in Canada and other MGA enterprises globally. For more information on ICAT, visit us at: www.icat.com