Location: Urbandale, Iowa, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_081024-en Apply
Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) has an outstanding opportunity for an Accounting Supervisor in our Controllership organization! If you have strong accounting skills, 3-5 years of supervisory experience and have done system reconciliation, we want to speak with you! This opportunity will sit in our Urbandale, Iowa location.
Responsibilities for the Accounting Supervisor include:
- Overseeing day to day accounting functions and processes as well as reporting of financial information. Primary focus will be Cash Application and Disbursements.
- Responsible for accuracy, timeliness and the general integrity of the accounting function and related reports. Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual management reports. This may also include the preparation of required regulatory reporting.
- Participates in and/or lead projects affecting the department and its processes.
- Supervises accounting staff as required. The staff consists of both on and off-shore colleagues. Provides guidance, advice and support to direct reports to ensure issues are resolved and addressed appropriately in a timely fashion. Assign, direct and evaluate work, as well as train and provide general direction to professional staff.
- Assists with the maintenance and improvement of the internal control environment including general adherence and knowledge of SOX controls, SSAE16, and external audit procedures, as applicable.
- Ensures daily management activities are conducted in compliance with internal and external control requirements. May ensure that Statutory Accounts are properly maintained and reconciled in accordance with GAAP procedures. Adheres to the accounting principles and practices and regulatory environment and ensures these principles and practices are applied in the daily work.
- Responds to ad hoc requests for financial information as well as operational analysis using various reporting tools as consistent with a global business leader.
Education - Requires 4-year university degree in Accounting/Finance
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced knowledge/skill with Microsoft Excel including charts, formulas and pivot tables.
- Strong communication/organization/multi-tasking skills.
- Systems reconciliation, debits and credits, journal entries and hands-on accounting skills are also required for this role
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.