Customer Engagement System Analyst
Location: Urbandale, Iowa, United States
Secondary Locations: Norwood,Massachusetts,United States;
Company: MercerJob ID R_040853-en Apply
The Customer Engagement Systems Analyst will be in charge of preparing system requirements to enhance our US Salesforce/CRM application plus other scheduling, reporting and chat tools. The successful candidate will work closely with business users and IT managers to understand, challenge and develop technical requirements using analytical skills. The candidate will need to translate business and functional requirements into more detailed technical specifications. The ability to communicate clearly using non-technical language is also expected. The candidate will also provide general application support to resolve functional and technical issues.
This is a full-time position based in the United States. Minimal travel may be required to meet with business users.
Duties and responsibilities
To fulfil this role, the Systems Analyst will:
- Manage technical implementations / deployments for Customer Engagement projects across several LOBs such as Active, Retiree, Small Markets & Voluntary Benefits.
- Manage upgrades to various supporting systems by creating change orders and coordinating with the Operations Support team.
- Provide an IT interface to business units to analyze and build relevant artifacts such as technical designs and specifications. Engage in discussions with users to capture issues and exceptions in various ways (prototypes, discovery sessions, calls, meetings, workshops).
- Coordinate with project managers on scope, time & sizing estimates.
- Partner with the software Technical Product Owner (TPO) to define solutions and resolve functional and technical issues.
- Collaborate with the development team to create technical specifications via draft system designs (identification of data elements, data mappings, recommendations for system flow & coding approach, etc.) Communicate key insights and findings, know-how and clarifications to the development team.
- Investigate, triage, diagnose and resolve complex application issues, working with business partners, other IT departments and suppliers as appropriate (Tier II Support).
- Analysis of data to ensure data integrity, accuracy and completeness.
- Carry out application management, including monitoring and maintenance (installation, configuration, administration) of miscellaneous applications and services.
The Systems Analyst will meet the following criteria:
- Relevant BA/BS degree with degrees in mathematics or computer science preferred.
- 3 to 7 years of technology experience in similar Systems Analyst role.
- Experience with and understanding of Salesforce is highly beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Experience with IT project techniques (e.g. Use Cases) and tools (e.g. Jira, TFS, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and in a team, to train others, manage multiple projects, prioritize work and respect deadlines.
- Comfortable working in an Agile Development lifecycle. Experience with Agile is a plus.
- Strong technical skills with Excel, Visio and SQL. APEX programming language experience is a plus.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.