Insurance Assistant - Life and Health Administration
Location: Urbandale, Iowa, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_058596-en Apply
Insurance Assistant Life and Health Administration
The Insurance Assistant role will support the Life and Health Administration Group line of business by completing the daily functions of processing, reporting and servicing the customer. This role resides on a team that is compiled of Admin tasks that also support Life and Health Administration.
- Responding to incoming e-mails from external clients regarding policy maintenance
- Completing incoming correspondence received from external clients regarding policy maintenance
- All other miscellaneous tasks and duties required for day-to-day processing
- Ensures timely and accurate production/processing of relevant documents/information (includes report preparation) –
- Contributes to achievement of Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and business objectives.
- Adheres to Company policies and performance standards
- Updates reports based on predefined templates on a regular basis to ensure accurate entry
- Maintains a basic understanding of the core aspects of relevant Insurance and related legislation
- High School Diploma required
- Excellent organizational, time management, verbal, written, interpersonal and business communication skills
- Good problem solving and judgment capabilities with strong initiative
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.