Insurance Operations Administrator - Insurance Clerk
Location: Urbandale, Iowa, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_047249-en Apply
The purpose of this position is to provide internal support to all colleagues within the department. This position works within established procedures performing the essential functions.
- Creates new business and renewal packets/kits and ensures paperwork is sent to applicant.
- Conducts application entry through prepping and coding information into system.
- Handles routine verbal and written inquires and transactions concerning policies and invoices.
- Documents and maintains insured’s files and system on all transactions. Documents correspondence to maintain a log and route as appropriate.
- Accesses carrier systems to complete credentialing and loss run requests and prepare the appropriate client communication material based on the findings
- Manages tasks according to guidelines to meet departmental standards
- Provides assistance to insurance professionals by performing miscellaneous functions such as photocopying, faxing, scanning, word processing, and filing.
- Handles incoming and outgoing departmental mail.
- Monitors and orders departmental supplies.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Prior experience in a professional business environment preferred
- Competent computer skills and the ability to navigate through multiple systems without assistance.
- Ability to work well with others while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Must be capable of lifiting approximately 25 pounds.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.