Location: Urbandale, Iowa, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_052127-en Apply
- Manages moderately complex projects or pieces of a larger project end-to-end to deliver business outcomes, ensuring that the project is completed on time, within budget, and to a high level of client satisfaction.
- Establishes and manages an appropriate project governance structure, and manages all project stakeholders and project team members in the successful delivery of the project, including managing their tasks, project workload, and deadlines.
- Ensures comprehensive scope document is in place at the start of the project, and continuously reviews the scope document as the project progresses and suggests changes of scope, as appropriate.
- Actively manages all project risks and issues, and ensures Lessons Learned on projects are shared with colleagues and recommendations adopted are implemented.
- Liaises with other areas in the organization to secure specialized resources and contributions for the project.
- Provides accurate and timely cost estimates for project work where requested, together with providing regular reporting on project fees and discuss any fee issues.
- Interacts and communicates effectively with project teams, third party providers, clients, etc.
- Provides technical support and input to the Manager on project proposals of average to difficult complexity.
- Researches and provides recommendations on new best practice standards.
- Below responsibility statements apply to PMO specific jobs:
- Provides project/program management expertise and guidance to the regional, divisional, and global project management community.
- Supports regional/divisional governance and portfolio oversight.
- Develops and implements standards, methods, tools, templates for project management, execution, and reporting.
- Conducts regular project/program assessments through toll gate reviews and health checks
Marsh Sponsored Programs (MSP), a division of Marsh USA Inc., ("Marsh"), is a division of Marsh LLC, a global leader in insurance broking and risk management solutions. Marsh Sponsored Programs provides insurance products and administrative solutions to organizations (sponsors), designing insurance program solutions for their constituent.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.