Revenue Compliance Analyst
Location: Urbandale, Iowa, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_049186-en Apply
Marsh & McLennan Companies has an opportunity to join our company as a Revenue Compliance Analyst. Please read below to see some of the responsibilities that this new addition to the team will take on.
- Under general supervision this role provides invoicing support requiring familiarity with and experience in contract review as well as knowledge of basic accounting functions.
- May prepare and analyze revenue and/or expense reports; coordinates revenue and expense accruals and ensures timely and accurate monthly and quarterly close.
- May prepare higher level of reconciliations between administrative systems and other sources.
- Findings may be presented to senior manager.
- Verifies work of and provides guidance to less experienced levels of accountants.
- Position may provide functional advice or training to less-experienced accountant positions. Ensure compliance with corporate policies, carrier agreements, SOX procedures, SSAE16 procedures tax regulations, local GAAP and US GAAP and local statutory regulations (as applicable) regarding financial matters.
- May assist in the development and implementation of internal accounting policies, transitions to and from teams both onshore and offshore, procedures and process improvements for general accounting functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Performs contract reviews by comparing the revenue included within the transaction request to the terms of the Carrier Binder, Carrier Quote and Internal Marsh transparency documentation
- May prepare or analyze administrative system accounting reports and/or consolidated statements in an effort to reconcile the revenue for client records. Findings may be presented to client teams and/or senior managers.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies, carrier agreements, SOX procedures, SSAE16 procedures, tax regulations, local GAAP and US GAAP and local statutory regulations (as applicable) regarding financial matters.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and documentation of internal accounting policies, transitions to and from teams both onshore and offshore. May also include procedures and process improvements for revenue review and invoicing functions.
- Verifies work of and provides guidance to less experienced levels of accountants and/or offshore staff.
- Position may provide functional advice or training to colleagues and client teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two year degree (Associate) with relevant experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a fast moving ever changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team and deliver quality work on time.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Oracle knowledge preferred but not required
- Must have keen attention to detail with a focus on accuracy
- Have the ability to be self-motivated to problem-solve
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.