Risk & Controls Analyst
Location: Urbandale, Iowa, United States
Secondary Locations: Norwood,Massachusetts,United States;
Company: MercerJob ID R_060657-en Apply
Risk and Controls Analyst
- Design and implement data security and record retention controls and procedures consistent with the MMC and Mercer policies. Assist the business team with implementation of controls and procedures, and monitor to ensure appropriate controls and procedures are being followed.
- Build effective working relationships with middle and senior managers, MMC Internal audit and global Risk & Controls colleagues. Identify, develop and implement best practices, monitoring programs, risk assessment tools, and control initiatives.
- Coordinate and support all efforts relative to audit management. Develop and execute comprehensive project plans to ensure the collection of requested data, the communication of control changes and the delivery of all audit materials and reports are timely, complete and accurate. Support all audit finding remediation efforts.
- Partner with the Mercer Services business teams to conduct reviews of operational controls for specific clients or processes; develop and implement new controls as necessary.
- Maintain extensive contact with internal business partners, MGTI, Legal Compliance & Professional Affairs, Privacy Office, Mercer Information Security & MMC Internal Audit
- Work with the business to implement identified solutions to mitigate risk
- Coordinate, perform analysis and complete applicable system security reviews
- Participate in changing business practices to ensure compliance with the control environment and regulatory changes
- Lead change initiatives to enhance operational controls
- Produce recommendations for improvement based on best practices
- Develop ad-hoc training to reinforce best practice
- Support in the execution of reviews relative to the design and effectiveness of controls for operational processes, system implementations, company policies, new products and services. Analyze review results, draw conclusions and make recommendations regarding the development and implementation of new controls as necessary.
- Coordinate and support the vendor management program. Support external evaluations of sub-contractor operation controls, data protection safeguards and physical/environmental controls. Support annual risk assessment and present review results, findings and remediation plans to key stakeholders. Oversee all remediation.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Risk, Business Management or related field.
- 2 + years of related work experience in Risk, Controls, Business Analyst, etc.
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Excellent verbal/writing skills for complex communications with clients, markets and internal colleagues
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work with global internal colleagues, therefore must be able to potentially work odd hours
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.