Senior Actuarial Analyst - Mercer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Company: MercerJob ID R_037642-en Apply
Are you looking to join a team that accomplishes outstanding and innovative work?
Mercer is the global leader for trusted HR and related financial advice, products, and services. In our work with clients, we make a positive impact on the world by enhancing the financial and retirement security, health, productivity, and employment relationships of the global workforce.
We currently have an opportunity for a permanent position as a Senior Actuarial Analyst looking to develop into a consultant in the Wealth Business of our Vancouver office.
Being a Senior Actuarial Analyst at Mercer means learning quickly through exposure to top professionals nationally, access to tremendous resources, and the support of great managers and colleagues. You will have the opportunity to quickly grow into a consultancy role and will also be a role model for more junior colleagues. Mercer’s Wealth Business handles investment work as well as retirement work (both defined contribution and defined benefit), so you will have the opportunity to develop into a well-rounded consultant. You can expect to be challenged and appropriately rewarded for your achievements.
As a Senior Actuarial Analyst, you will be working with the senior consultants in the office, managing the deliverables to clients and expected to be involved in the day-to-day contact with those clients, as well as attendance at client meetings. You will be utilizing appropriate analytical and administration support from junior colleagues, and providing them with guidance and mentoring, and checking their work. The main areas of work will include:
- Dealing with the financial aspects of pension plans, including funding and accounting deliverables;
- Designing and implementing strategies to manage defined benefit pension plan volatility, including funding strategy, plan design and risk transfer solutions, including working with investment colleagues to manage pension plan risk from a holistic perspective and looking at both sides of the balance sheet;
- Compliance and governance of retirement plans, including plan documentation, working with pension committees and boards of trustees;
- Executive pension arrangements;
- Cross-practice collaboration, including collaboration with a communication team, health practice (e.g. plan design and post-retirement work), and Career practice (e.g. total rewards benchmarking); and
- Business development, including preparation of proposals.
- 5 - 7 years of experience
- Superior analytical skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment where the priorities and requirements change quickly
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; strong verbal and written communication skills
- A willingness to not only develop yourself, but also more junior colleagues
- Recently qualified or close to achieving ASA/FCIA designation.
Please include a cover letter with your resume.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.