Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Company: MarshJob ID R_039833-en Apply
The Client Representative provides excellent client service to drive revenue retention at Marsh Canada Limited and, when possible, provide introductions for Client Executive/Sales Professionals to business contacts in support of Marsh’s new business objectives.
Contributes to revenue retention and revenue growth by assisting in the implementation of insurance solutions that meet clients’ needs. Supports clients and client facing professionals within the team.
- Assist with the collection of renewal information from clients.
- May be required to assist in preparing coverage specifications.
- Assist with the review of quotation / comparisons.
- Assist in producing client proposals, analysis and presentations.
- Participate in client meetings, underwriter meetings, and group presentations.
- Possess a good knowledge of the client’s operations and insurance programs.
- At times negotiate the renewal conditions for ancillary lines of coverage that are streamlined renewals.
- Accountable for coordination of cover note & invoice issuance for each line of coverage.
- Prepares premium allocation and risk allocation for taxation purposes where applicable.
- Prepare client letter according to Professional Standards enclosing cover notes.
- Manage the billing and accounts receivable activity on assigned accounts.
- Verify insurance policies for accuracy and coordinates corrections if applicable with insurers.
- Prepares and sends transmittal documents to client.
- Oversee the issuance of insurance certificate and auto ID cards, when applicable.
On Going Basis:
- Complies with Marsh Excellence and Professional Standards to ensure quality service to all clients including file maintenance and computerized files.
- Develop, monitor, update and ensure compliance with Renewal Action Plan.
- Responds to client inquiries and insurer coverage/documentation requests; solves problems regarding client account issues.
- Capable of independently servicing a limited number of less complex accounts, acting in a Client Executive/Marketer capacity.
- Interact regularly with colleagues/managers, clients, underwriters and premium financing companies.
- May provide direction, coaching and mentoring to Insurance Assistants and administrative staff, with feedback on performance.
- Reporting of claims as required.
- Review of less complex insurance contract clauses.
- Maintain renewal lists for the service team.
- Assist in cross selling initiatives involving existing client base.
- Introduce CE/SP to business contacts with aim of generating new business for the firm.
- Post secondary education or equivalent work experience, with, ideally, a minimum of 4 years progressive Client Representative experience in commercial lines.
- Holds appropriate broker’s license(s) for the Province of domicile.
- Possess a solid understanding of basic property/casualty insurance principals and risk management concepts.
- Good computer skills with proficiency in email, word processing and spreadsheet software, as well as working knowledge of presentation software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (bilingual in Quebec).
- Results oriented with a strong client service focus.
- Ability to work independently and within a team-based environment.
- Strong organizational skills in prioritizing work, multi-tasking and consistently meeting deadlines.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.