Senior Placement Specialist
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Company: MarshJob ID R_019840-en Apply
The Placement Specialist represents the company on the setting of placement strategy by utilizing risk expertise and knowledge of industry and carriers to develop placement solutions that meet the most complex client needs.
- Serves as the leading authority on setting of the go-to-market strategy and provides input on pricing of services supporting client retention and new business production.
- Advances working relations with carriers and or underwriters to create innovative approaches to complex client needs and provide cohesive client service.
- Keeps up to date on the final commission structure with underwriter in accordance with client direction and agreement.
- Serves as an internationally recognized leader in the understanding of changing insurance and risk market conditions and informs client team, clients and carriers of major developments affecting various types of coverage.
- Speaks as an internal and external resource and actively participates in internal networks.
- Identifies new methods of the development of new products and innovative solutions that address complex client needs.
- 10 years+ experience
- Broker Licenses Required - BC - Level 2 preferred
- Property and Casualty experience preferred
- Multinational, international and complex account experience is preferred
- University Degree
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.