Pension Administration Team Leader
Location: Vernon Hills, Illinois, United States
Secondary Locations: Norwood,Massachusetts,United States;
Company: MercerJob ID R_048373-en Apply
Pension Administration Team Leader
If you have the skills and desire to grow your career as a member of Pension Administration Team, this Pension Administration Team Leader role may be the right fit for you. As a Team Leader, you will be a pivotal member of the Client Services Leadership team and have direct influence on future developments and successful planned growth of Mercer Services. The Team Leader is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management and development of a client team. To fulfill this role, the Team Leader will:
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and sense of urgency to ensure client and participant expectations are consistently met; extensive contact with clients and Mercer consultants
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the client's plans and administrative procedures; serve as the key resource for day-to-day issues
- Ensure that the team delivers quality service to our clients, accuracy and time standards are consistently met; direct the team to handle plan or client specific questions; keep the team updated on client's plan and benefit regulations by testing their knowledge and through training and development
- Manage client business process and identify areas for continued improvement; may support more than one client team based on project scope and complexity
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years’ experience in defined benefit administration
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel and Word (proficiency in MS Access & MS Project highly preferred)
- Previous experience creating business processes for project implementation
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; proven ability to research, follow up and resolve complex issues or problems surfaced by the team
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills; ability to model desired work values and practices for other team members
- Ability to create a team setting that encourages both individual and team accomplishments; ability to establish goals and evaluate the performance of team members
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to present complex issues/data with a high level of clarity and impact
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.