Senior Implementation Services Specialist
Location: Vernon Hills, Illinois, United States
Secondary Locations: Milwaukee,Wisconsin,United States;Chicago,Illinois,United States;Louisville,Kentucky,United States;
Company: MercerJob ID R_072782-en Apply
Senior Implementation Services Specialist – Defined Benefits
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth, and performance of their most vital asset – their people. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about delivering quality service, love solving problems, and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the many job opportunities available through Mercer. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital.
We currently have exciting career opportunities to join Mercer’s Benefits Administration business, a growing segment of Mercer that administers employers’ retirement benefits programs.
As a SeniorImplementation Services Specialist in the defined benefits (DB) administration business, you’ll work as part of a team on new client implementation projects. We are looking for Configuration resources to fill a lead role. In this key role, you will help define the participant experience by delivering superior quality results as we implement new clients on our pension administration system. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you’ll need to effectively drive compromise with key partners both internally and externally.
If you are proactive, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, can multitask and manage your time effectively while maintaining a customer focus, Mercer would like to offer you a rewarding career. Join us as we help millions of benefit plan participants live, work, and retire well.
This position can be performed remotely.
- Partner with senior client resources to gain a thorough understanding of the plan participants, provisions and overall needs with regard to their pension administration.
- Create client custom requirements documents, meet with client to review and gain approval, and deliver the requirements to internal team members to configure the Defined Benefit administration system.
- Configure PeopleSoft pension module based on defined requirements.
- Partner with offshore resources to meet strict deadlines in delivering a system that meets client specifications and timing as outlined in project plan.
- Utilize requirements document to develop testing strategy, designing and executing detailed test plans (unit, regression, and client) to assure quality delivery.
- Take responsibility for delivering a quality product and serve as an accountable member of the support team.
- Proactively identify, independently evaluate and suggest recommended solutions to issues encountered during the implementation process.
- Communicate progress and align expectations with all project team members throughout the implementation process.
Core Competencies and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical quantitative discipline or Associate’s degree with associated work experience.
- A minimum of five years’ experience.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft pension module, PeopleTools, SQR, BI Publisher, and COBOL
- Strong technical writing, testing methodology, relational databases, and data analysis skills.
- Knowledge of and experience working in defined benefits administration preferred.
- Excellent communications skills.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, a 401(k) plan, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages, and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. To learn more, please visit us at www.mmc.com/diversity.