Client Manager - Business Insurance
Location: Walnut Creek, California, United States
Secondary Locations: San Francisco,California,United States;
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_078663-en Apply
Department: Business Insurance – Bay Area
Reports To: Director of Client Services
Under minimal supervision, the Client Manager will handle accounts under $20,000 of income. This includes designing the insurance program, marketing the account to insurance carriers, proposing renewal terms to clients and interacting with clients on their day to day service needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
FOR BUSINESS UNDER $20K of INCOME
- Managing renewals and new business.
- Acts as the initial point of contact for clients, carriers and other members of the service team on account under $20,000 of income.
- Solicits and follows up for renewal information from the client.
- Designs, markets and negotiates client renewals and new business with the insurance carriers.
- Prepares proposal and attends client meetings to discuss the renewal proposal.
- Binds insurance terms as directed by the client.
- Transmits binders to the client in a timely manner.
- Provides the client with day to day service
- Consult with clients on day-to-day inquiries about their insurance program.
- Advises the client and carrier of any changes necessary to their insurance program
- Oversees the administration of the insurance program processing:
- Certificates of Insurance
- Account Receivables
- Finance Agreements
- Processes automatic renewals
- Maintains Client Information
- Updates Sagitta
- Maintains client files in IR
- Summaries and schedules of insurance
FOR BUSINESS OVER $20K of INCOME
- Supports Client Service Executive on renewals and new business
- Prepares renewal information request
- Maintains Sagitta with updated client information
- Prepares Acord applications
- Prepares Loss Summaries and Large Loss Reports
- Review accuracy of experience modification calculations published by state rating agencies/bureaus.
- Assists CSE with completion of Stewardship and Renewal Strategies
- Oversees the administration of the insurance program as outlined above.
- Assists CSE with timely delivery of policies to the client.
- Review policies as assigned by the Client Service Executive and discuss with and provide suggestions to Client Service Executive regarding any areas of concern.
- Periodic visits to clients with Client Service Executive, including active participation in new business and renewal preparation and presentation
- Participate in PAR E&O Audits.
- Develop analytical, strategic, customer service and communication skills needed to perform as a Client Manager II or Client Service Executive.
- Manage, delegate and track, as well as guide and mentor, Client Administrators, Insurance Associates, and Client Service Trainees on the following tasks:
- Process routine administration paperwork for new and renewal business to include:
- Data entry into systems
- Printing and proposals
- Certificates of Insurance
- Initial check of policies and posting policies to Engage
- Finance Agreements
- Perform account reconciliation.
- Order and review Loss Run and Claim Status Reports.
- Prepare Summary Of Insurance.
- Prepare experience modification projections using Intellicomp or other available software.
- Maintain client files.
- Establish and consistently maintain effective and positive working relationships with Associates and clients.
- Manage projects including:
- Timely management of the renewal process
- Develop and implement a Client Service Plan
- Ensure timely implementation of R&LA deliverables
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2-3 years of daily World Class Client service is required; or, a minimum of 3 years industry experience showing increasing responsibility directly related to the performance of the above duties including 2-3 years of daily World Class Client service.
- Maintain a valid unrestricted California Fire & Casualty Solicitors license.
- Advanced insurance designations applicable to the above duties strongly preferred as well as a willingness to pursue continuing education and professional development.
- Significantly exceed expectations in existing position if currently employed at MMA.
- Excellent understanding of insurance terminology, the functions of an insurance brokerage agency and the various lines of Business Insurance insurance.
- Proficiency with MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Prioritize tasks, set and achieve goals, think logically in solving problems and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in both oral and written form.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods as well as the use of office equipment such as fax and copy machines, and telephones.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Occasional travel to client sites may be required. Travel may consist of an overnight stay.
- Individual shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.