Accounting & Reporting Supervisor
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Company: MarshJob ID R_047093-en Apply
Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The company’s nearly 65,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annual revenue over $14 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading firms. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @mmc_global or subscribe to BRINK.
Accounting and Reporting Supervisor
(Captive Solutions Centre of Excellence, Warsaw)
We are seeking an Accounting and Reporting Supervisor in our Captive Solutions group to join our growing team in the Technical Centre of Excellence.
Are you an ambitious and goal oriented individual looking for a growth opportunity which will further your career?
We are looking for a team-player who will enjoy being part of a fast paced environment as well as being able to work independently to meet deadlines.
Responsible for accounting, regulatory compliance and administrative functions for a portfolio of captive insurance companies and other clients.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing various accounting activities including: cash and investment accounts reconciliation, preparation of bank deposits and cash disbursements, performing intercompany reconciliations, valuations of assets, tracking and reconciling claims activity etc.
- Financial statements preparation for mid-sized clients (based on IFRS)
- Plan and complete the annual audit for clients
- Prepare regulatory filings
- Ensure on-going compliance with domicile insurance regulations
- Maintain client contact as needed
- Maintain client and office databases
- Investigate outstanding issues on client accounts
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Education: MA or Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
Experience: Min 3-4 years finance or auditing related experience; prior accounting experience is a strong asset
- Fluency in English
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with a strong attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, confidence
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and with external clients
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Excel (formulas and data analysis)
- Critical thinking and problem solving; initiative and persistence to pursue problems to resolution
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- ACCA/CIMA/CPA qualified or part qualified is a strong advantage
- Daily project work for international stakeholders (mainly EMEA and Middle East region)
- Working with IFRS and local GAAP on a daily basis
- Development within a growing company
- Work-life balance and home office possibilities
- Work in a people-oriented team with dynamic colleagues and leaders who are committed to exceeding the high standards set by our clients and by ourselves
- Competitive salary based on employment contract
- Attractive benefits package (including private health care, sports card, life insurance, lunch card, language courses)
- A-class office building facilities next to Rondo Daszyńskiego Metro line
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV in English.