GL Intern (6-month employment contract)
Company: Marsh & McLennan Companies
Job Id: R_060422-en
Marsh & McLennan Companies brings together more than 60,000 experts in risk, strategy, and people across Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman, serving clients in over 130 countries. Marsh enables enterprise worldwide by helping clients manage risks, transforming uncertainty into opportunity. Guy Carpenter helps clients grow profitably with reinsurance broking expertise, advisory services, and advanced analytics. Mercer helps organizations advance the health, wealth, and careers of their most vital asset — their people. Oliver Wyman’s expertise in strategy, operations, risk, and organization transformation changes what is possible for our clients, their industries, and society. Together, we combine a unique range of capabilities to help our clients solve problems, seize opportunities, and build lasting success in increasingly complex operating environments.
What does it take to be a successful GL Intern (6-month employment contract) with Marsh & McLennan Companies?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Analytical 10
- Deadline-oriented 8
- Detail-oriented 7
- Proactive 10
- Problem-solver 10
- Productive 7
- Sense of humor
This company gives me the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, always striving for the better. I have to admit, this makes it challenging at times, but to me, this is exactly what makes people grow. I really feel that MMC is the place which gives you a lot of opportunities and supports this growth, both on the personal level and on the bigger scale, rewarding the innovative ways of thinking. However, the biggest merit for me are the people who I work with – always there, both to work together and to laugh with you, which really makes your day, every day!— Anna Lewicka – GL Senior Analyst
I have a pleasure to be a supervisor of GL team, which is working really hard for to achieve better and better results. All these employees are able to connect process and goals orientation with friendly atmosphere and kindness. It’s visible each day in cooperation of team members, but also departments or hubs. On each level of company there is an understanding that together we can achieve much more. That’s great feeling to see employees learning and growing each day and to have opportunities also for myself, as in such dynamic environment I know I can also spread the wings.— Agnieszka Gurzyńska – Accounting Supervisor GL
Life and Disability Insurance
Room to Grow Your Career
Flexible Working Environment
Sports card - 50% paid card for your health
Warsaw MMC's Finance Hub (Rondo Daszynskiego location) is looking for talented and motivated candidates for the position of
GL Intern (6-month employment contract)
As part of the Warsaw Accounting Operations hub, this role is within the Procure To Pay (P2P) function, with extensive offshore support. The function will provide accounting services to more than 30 countries within the EMEA region, across all MMC operating companies.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Support GL Senior Analysts in month-end closing activities
- Review, approve, and prepare requests for ad hoc analysis of various types of financial information utilizing operational and financial analytics as appropriate for the situation
- Assist with auditors and audit requirements and SOX testing
- Final year students or recent graduates in the fields of finance, accounting or economics
- Good knowledge of English (spoken & written) is a must
- Practical MS Excel knowledge (accounting formulas, vlookups, etc.) and general computer literacy
- Some previous accounting experience (in GL/Intercompany/AP/AR function) - is a must
- Attention to details and reliability
- Strong communication & teamwork skills
- Knowledge of Oracle is not necessary but would be considered an advantage
What we offer:
- Among the many benefits are competitive salary based on full-time (40h/week) employment contract for 6 months and growth opportunities
- You will have a unique chance to grow within the GL area where you will be supported from day one
- We promote self-education and support you in learning new things – through online and real-life conferences with our mentors based in the UK/US and by giving you access to a learning platform
- You can enjoy comfortable office space in a modern office next to Rondo Daszynskiego M2 station with free and tasty coffee / tea / chocolate and fruits in the kitchen
- We will provide you with MultiSport Plus sports card, MasterCard lunch card, medical coverage (with video appointments and massages included!), life insurance, flexible working hours and we refund language courses at the office
Sounds interesting? Submit your resume in English and let’s discuss the role in details!