GL Intern (6-month employment contract)
Company: Marsh & McLennan Companies
Job Id: R_060422-en
Marsh & McLennan Companies brings together more than 60,000 experts in risk, strategy, and people across Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman, serving clients in over 130 countries. Marsh enables enterprise worldwide by helping clients manage risks, transforming uncertainty into opportunity. Guy Carpenter helps clients grow profitably with reinsurance broking expertise, advisory services, and advanced analytics. Mercer helps organizations advance the health, wealth, and careers of their most vital asset — their people. Oliver Wyman’s expertise in strategy, operations, risk, and organization transformation changes what is possible for our clients, their industries, and society. Together, we combine a unique range of capabilities to help our clients solve problems, seize opportunities, and build lasting success in increasingly complex operating environments.
What does it take to be a successful GL Intern (6-month employment contract) with Marsh & McLennan Companies?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Analytical 10
- Deadline-oriented 8
- Detail-oriented 7
- Proactive 10
- Problem-solver 10
- Productive 7
- Sense of humor
This company gives me the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, always striving for the better. I have to admit, this makes it challenging at times, but to me, this is exactly what makes people grow. I really feel that MMC is the place which gives you a lot of opportunities and supports this growth, both on the personal level and on the bigger scale, rewarding the innovative ways of thinking. However, the biggest merit for me are the people who I work with – always there, both to work together and to laugh with you, which really makes your day, every day!— Anna Lewicka – GL Senior Analyst
I have a pleasure to be a supervisor of GL team, which is working really hard for to achieve better and better results. All these employees are able to connect process and goals orientation with friendly atmosphere and kindness. It’s visible each day in cooperation of team members, but also departments or hubs. On each level of company there is an understanding that together we can achieve much more. That’s great feeling to see employees learning and growing each day and to have opportunities also for myself, as in such dynamic environment I know I can also spread the wings.— Agnieszka Gurzyńska – Accounting Supervisor GL
Life and Disability Insurance
Room to Grow Your Career
Flexible Working Environment
Sports card - 50% paid card for your health
Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The company's 75,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading firms. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @mmc_global or subscribe to BRINK.
GL Intern (6- month job contract)
What can you expect?
This role is within the Accounts Receivable (AR) function, with extensive offshore support. You will be a part of energetic and still growing team within MMC’s new Financial Hub, which is a part of the wider finance head office function. This role will provide accounting services to more than 30 countries within the EMEA region, across all MMC operating companies.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Supporting GL Senior Analysts in month-end closing activities
- Reviewing, approving and preparing requests for ad hoc analysis of various types of financial information utilizing operational and financial analytics as appropriate for the situation
- Assisting with auditors, and audit requirements and SOX testing
We would like you to have:
- Student status or recent graduation in the fields of finance, accounting or economics
- Good knowledge of English
- Practical MS Excel knowledge (accounting formulas, vlookups, etc.) and general computer literacy
- Attention to details and reliability
What makes the ideal candidate – but not required:
- Some previous accounting experience (in GL/Intercompany/AP/AR function)
- Knowledge of Oracle
- Previous experience in SSC / BPO company
- Knowledge of any additional language
- Strong communication & teamwork skills
- Competitive salary based on full-time (40h/week) employment contract for 6 months and growth opportunities
- Unique chance to grow within the GL area where you will be supported from day one
- Work in a people-oriented team with dynamic colleagues and leaders
- Business casual dress code
- Integration events
- Attractive benefits package (private health care, sports card, life insurance, lunch card), free access to LinkedIn learning platform, language courses refund
- Great location (near Rondo Daszyńskiego / direct M2 line access)
Submit your resume in English and let’s talk.