GL Senior Analyst
Company: Marsh & McLennan Companies
Job Id: WAR00295-en
Marsh & McLennan Companies brings together more than 60,000 experts in risk, strategy, and people across Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman, serving clients in over 130 countries. Marsh enables enterprise worldwide by helping clients manage risks, transforming uncertainty into opportunity. Guy Carpenter helps clients grow profitably with reinsurance broking expertise, advisory services, and advanced analytics. Mercer helps organizations advance the health, wealth, and careers of their most vital asset — their people. Oliver Wyman’s expertise in strategy, operations, risk, and organization transformation changes what is possible for our clients, their industries, and society. Together, we combine a unique range of capabilities to help our clients solve problems, seize opportunities, and build lasting success in increasingly complex operating environments.
What does it take to be a successful GL Senior Analyst with Marsh & McLennan Companies?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Analytical 10
- Deadline-oriented 8
- Detail-oriented 7
- Proactive 10
- Problem-solver 10
- Productive 7
- Sense of humor
This company gives me the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, always striving for the better. I have to admit, this makes it challenging at times, but to me, this is exactly what makes people grow. I really feel that MMC is the place which gives you a lot of opportunities and supports this growth, both on the personal level and on the bigger scale, rewarding the innovative ways of thinking. However, the biggest merit for me are the people who I work with – always there, both to work together and to laugh with you, which really makes your day, every day!— Anna Lewicka – GL Senior Analyst
I have a pleasure to be a supervisor of GL team, which is working really hard for to achieve better and better results. All these employees are able to connect process and goals orientation with friendly atmosphere and kindness. It’s visible each day in cooperation of team members, but also departments or hubs. On each level of company there is an understanding that together we can achieve much more. That’s great feeling to see employees learning and growing each day and to have opportunities also for myself, as in such dynamic environment I know I can also spread the wings.— Agnieszka Gurzyńska – Accounting Supervisor GL
Life and Disability Insurance
Room to Grow Your Career
Flexible Working Environment
Sports card - 50% paid card for your health
Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The company's nearly 65,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annual revenue over $14 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading firms. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @mmc_global or subscribe to BRINK
GL Senior Analyst
As part of the Warsaw Accounting Operations hub, this role is within the Record To Report (R2R) function, with extensive offshore support. The function will provide accounting services to more than 30 countries within the EMEA region and across all MMC operating companies.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Review balance sheet reconciliations and interoffice activities within the team’s remit and assist with the exception reporting and perform quality checks on work performed by the offshore teams.
- Review, approve, and prepare requests for ad hoc analysis of various types of financial information utilizing operational and financial analytics as appropriate for the situation.
- Ensure all month-end, quarterly and yearly tasks deliverables are met.
- Assist with auditors and audit requirements and SOX testing.
- Provide analytical support related to fixed assets. / Fixed Assets accounting (maintain fixed assets records and follow-up certain accounts), manual JE and Accrual calculation.
- Support journal entry process and month end reporting.
We are looking for:
- University degree in the field of finance, accounting, or economics or recognized Accounting qualification e.g. ACCA.
- Very good command of English – a must.
- Knowledge of any additional language is not obligatory, but will be considered a strong plus.
- 2 - 5 years’ experience within a large Shared Service environment or Finance management with proven operational improvement capabilities.
- Experience of US GAAP – will be considered as an asset.
- Working knowledge of ERP Accounting systems, e.g. Oracle Financials.
What we offer to our employees:
- Competitive salary based on employment contract
- Attractive benefits package (including private family healthcare plan, sports card and language courses refund, life insurance, MasterCard lunch card, flexible working hours and business casual dress code)
- Office in a modern, ”A” class building next to M2 Metro Line / “Rondo Daszyńskiego” station (take the virtual tour around the office! - http://bit.ly/2M4IibY)
- Excellent personal growth opportunities
- Truly international environment
Please send your application in English.