Software Asset Manager
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_046742-en Apply
Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy, and people. The company’s nearly 65,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annual revenue of over $14 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading firms. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to the private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @mmc_global or subscribe to BRINK.
Currently, we are looking for:
Software Asset Manager
The Software Asset Manager oversees all software asset lifecycle activities to optimize the value, cost, and risk of software. To be successful in this role you will need to involve in decisions regarding license models, maintenance, renewals to balance financial risks of unnecessary procurement (over-buying) versus penalties or fines from software vendors (under-buying). You will be serving as the primary interface for software asset management functions. This will include annual planning activities, delivering demand planning capabilities for key identified products, driving enhanced visibility into software spend and providing ongoing reporting capabilities which allow IT Service Owners to more effectively manage the portfolio of products across the enterprise.
The Software Asset Manager is responsible for engaging and assisting internal clients and Service Owners in understanding and controlling their software licensing costs, avoiding legal pitfalls related to licensing by leveraging industry best practices. This includes initiating the software asset management conversation with the client, performing an inventory of installed software, matching software with license entitlements, reviewing policies and procedures, and creating a software asset management plan.
WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO JOIN US IF YOU HAVE:
- A University Degree in Information Technology
- 8-10 years of broad IT experience to include 5 years of software asset management experience.
- Proven abilities to manage server software licensing models and product use rights across major software vendors.
- Experience in working with high-value server software contracts with vendors such as Microsoft, IBM, and Oracle.
- Experience working with IT asset management systems and IT asset discovery technologies.
- Knowledge of software asset management concepts, policies, procedures, and techniques.
- Knowledge of implementation and administration of software assurance metrics/entitlements/product use rights.
- Licensing and product use rights knowledge for MS, IBM, Oracle, Symantec, Adobe, etc.
- Asset Management certification such as ITIL or IAITAM.
- Experience working with the Flexera suite of asset management tools would be beneficial.
- Among the many benefits are a competitive salary based on employment contract and genuine growth opportunities
- You will have a chance to grow within the IT area where you will be supported from day one
- We promote self-education and support you in learning new things – through online and real-life training and conferences with our business partners based in the UK/US and by giving you access to a learning platform
- You can enjoy comfortable office space in a modern office next to Rondo Daszynskiego M2 station (office tour - click here) with free and tasty coffee / tea / chocolate and fruits in the kitchen
- We can provide you with MultiSport sports card, MasterCard lunch card, medical coverage (with massages included!), life insurance, flexible working hours and we refund language courses at the office
Submit your resume in English and let’s discuss the role in details!