Specialist - Systems Administration
Location: Franklin, Massachusetts, United States
Secondary Locations: Westlake,Texas,United States;
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_081809-en Apply
What can you expect?
- Work Sunday to Thursday within a small regionally focused technical team, part of the Global Server Operations team managing the Windows server estate for the company.
- The team is tasked with managing incidents, problems, changes, perform vulnerability remediation and run proactive projects to manage, maintain and update the environment as needed.
- You will be responsible for providing technical leadership, Service Management, meeting SLA, Service Catalog measurements, installations, patching, upgrades, capacity planning, anti-virus, server administration and server performance, etc.
- Execute the diagnoses/repairs of system problems; utilizes tool sets available and works closely with other internal group/vendor support.
- You will be expected to estimate and plan projects organizing your own work effectively, and providing technical leadership to others. You may lead internal project initiatives or work closely with Project Managers to understand deliverables and meet delivery deadlines. You may be asked to work with the business to outline, plan and execute changes.
- You will be responsible for weekly and monthly report management and collate data on current activities and present to senior management for review.
- You will develop a strong understanding of the products we use, services, and technical tools. This position offers you to build upon your current skills and knowledge that you will bring and we will provide you the opportunity to work with advanced tools in a multi-organization.
We will count on you to:
- Define solutions, operational improvements and automation.
- Handle installations, patches, upgrades, capacity planning and performance tuning.
- Execute the diagnoses/repairs of system problems; utilizes tools sets available and works closely with other internal group/vendor support.
- Manage and maintain service performance through diagnosis, monitoring and troubleshooting including proposals for improvement.
- Investigate root cause of system failures and propose corrective actions to prevent future occurrence.
- Ensure all corporate policies and procedures are adhered to ensuring changes to the Enterprise Service infrastructure are fully documented following the best practice principles of ITIL.
What qualifications are needed for this role:
- 6+ years of infrastructure support experience
- Bachelor of Technology – Computer and Information Science
- Certified Systems Engineer – Microsoft (preferred)
What makes you stand out:
- Microsoft Server OS 2008/2012 & 2016
- Active Directory, DNS, GPO, DFS
- IIS, certificates, cluster, file services including CIFS
- Cloud AWS / Azure
- Hyper-V & VMWare
- Patching and vulnerability management
- Experience of task automation and orchestration
What is in it for you?
- On day one you’ll be eligible for medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer employee discounts and voluntary benefits such as pet insurance, auto insurance etc.
- You will receive 17 days of vacation that is accrued annually, 3 Person days each year to use when you need them plus 10 sick days. In addition, we also give all our colleagues 1 paid day each year to perform volunteer work at a non-profit organization.
- We feel it’s important that we always strive to expand, grow, and learn. We off tuition assistance each year. Reimbursement for a variety of courses that are part of your Continuing Education.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.