DB Actuarial Associate
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Company: MercerJob ID R_025794-en Apply
The DB Actuarial Associate provides high level analysis and preliminary review of client deliverables. This position assists senior consultants with project management, day to day client contact and analyst workflow supervision. To fulfill this role, the DB Actuarial associate will:
- Perform necessary calculations or analysis with respect to DB pension plan funding and accounting valuations, special retirement projects including assumption studies, plan design studies and plan terminations, and prepare and review pension administrative work
- Communicate with clients through participation in client calls, meetings, and presentations. Assist Senior Consultant with day to day client contact and problem resolution
- Work with other services in the following ways: checking and analyzing actuarial valuation results, including analysis of census data, liabilities, assets and reporting, coordinating local office resources and project management.
- Delegate and review junior analyst analysis and client work. Act as final technical review for client projects. Act as high level reviewer for valuation results and sign funding and accounting valuation reports.
- May supervise two or more employees as direct reports.
- Create project work plans and monitor timelines and budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance or related field
- 3+ years pension-related work experience preferably in a Consulting environment
- Successful client relationship experience
- Proven project management experience
- Superior proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Superior Analytical ability
- Strong presentation skills
- Progress towards Society of Actuaries FSA/FCIA designation
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.