Senior Health Consultant
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Company: MercerJob ID R_075859-en Apply
The Health & Benefit Consultant will be responsible for leading and developing business in the Winnipeg Office in collaboration with Mercer’s offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Toronto and Montreal. The purpose of this position is to increase the visibility of health and productivity services in Central Canada, develop business opportunities, deliver services, ensure sufficient staffing and participate in the National Team initiatives.
To fulfill this role, the Senior H&B Consultant will:
- Build and enhance market presence Central Canada.
- Partner with other H&B consultants and other lines of business to identify opportunities for existing clients.
- Meet clients to present services and develop proposals to meet their needs.
- Prepare agendas and lead client/team meetings; lead client teams’ projects and deadlines utilizing project management tools. Ensure compliance with professional standards including use of templates, client calendar, peer review, and transparency.
- Manage the development of the employee communications strategy. Oversee other team members in the execution of this strategy including management of open enrollment process.
- Responsible for engagement letter process including the confirmation of the specific scope of services, compensation type and level, project timeframe and required data.
- Responsible for establishing necessary carrier/vendor relationships with appropriate contacts to serve clients in handling all administration (eligibility, claims, billing, plan implementation, contracts, plan changes and necessary amendments.
- Work directly with the client on marketing and renewals; manage the request for proposal (RFP) process with the health insurance carriers.
- Review claim and utilization data from insurance carriers on a monthly/quarterly basis; analyzes and interprets data for trends.
- Review plan documents for compliance and compare to the benefits that were sold to the client.
- Generate new sales through existing clients and client referrals in accordance with the sales plan.
- BA/BS degree or university degree in a health related field; CEBS designation is preferred
- Eight or more years' experience in identifying, designing, recommending and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions to clients' complex health care benefits challenges
- Strong, innovative sales and marketing skills plus the ability to market organizational strengths successfully
- Superior analytical, strategic planning, communication, and listening skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Proven management skills in leading large, complex projects
- Ability to manage, motivate and mentor more junior level staff.
- Required to obtain and maintain appropriate licenses as required by Mercer policies
- Available to travel
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
At Mercer, we’re creating a culture where you can bring your authentic self to work. When you join us, you bring your inclusive energy and enthusiasm to a team that values you personally and professionally – regardless of who you are, what you look like, where you were raised or born, who you love, or what your religious beliefs are. You are welcome here.
Chez Mercer, nous favorisons une culture d’entreprise qui vous permet d’etre vraiment vous- même au travail. Lorsque vous joignez nos rangs, vous contribuez, par votre énergie inclusive et votre enthousiasme, à une équipe qui vous apprécie à la fois sur les plans personnel et professionnel – peu importe qui vous êtes, votre apparence, l’endroit où vous êtes né ou avez grandi, qui vous aimez ou vos croyances religieuses. Ici, la porte vous est grande ouverte.