Oliver Wyman - Engagement Manager - Insurance - Zurich
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_086704-en Apply
WHO WE ARE
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. For more information, visitwww.oliverwyman.com.
Follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
Oliver Wyman’s Insurance practice supports its clients with leading edge topics.
Our client list includes almost all top global insurers in both life and non-life, along with all major domestic insurers as well as other market participants such as investors or distribution companies.
The Oliver Wyman Insurance practice uniquely combines deep strategy expertise, a thorough quantitative understanding and rich implementation experience.
We set ourselves apart by providing our clients with specialist knowledge in topics across the entire insurance value chain from top of the house strategy to finance and risk to operations.
The following list is a sample of recent topics from our project work:
- Global Strategic Transformation through reorganisation of headquarters, cost programme, sales programme, defining digital ambition and strategy for a leading composite insurer
- Development of a new non-life strategy including planning and supporting a comprehensive implementation program for a leading Austrian insurance group
- Digital distribution strategy: Re-invention of distribution approach based on customer centricity mindset and insurtech developments
- Bancassurance Strategy: Strategy development for 5 main markets in Europe and definition of initiatives to implement for a global leading re-insurer
- Transformation of risk management for a global Financial Services conglomerate
- Solvency II internal model capital optimisation programme
- Comprehensive cost efficiency assessment for a continental European life insurer
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Experienced professionals bring us the know-how to make lasting change for our clients and our company. We are not typical ‘management’ consultants. We provide industry- and discipline-specific knowledge and expertise, which amplifies our impact and helps us shape the future for our clients. Oliver Wyman is a diverse, entrepreneurial, non-competitive partnership of individuals who like to pursue new opportunities or build a unique franchise doing what they do best in a collegial, fun environment.
ENGAGEMENT MANAGERS are the on-scene leaders who run our projects day to day. You will lead the team through an efficient and effective problem-solving process from initial thought process through convergence on a solution. You will ensure that recommendations are appropriate, practical, sensible, relevant and cohesive. It’s a role that demands thought leadership at the strategic level – and command of all the technical and operational details of execution. You will need great communication skills and the ability to forge strong relationships.
YOUR ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
Clients hire Oliver Wyman for specialized expertise, the ideal candidate will have most of the following:
- Minimum of 7- 10 years of relevant experience, ideally with a top-tier consulting firm or large insurer (or other similar organizations)
- Knowledge of finance and / or risk management topics, including technical aspects such as Solvency II internal models
- Strong background in problem solving with demonstrable analytical skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in both formal and informal settings
- Undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program
- Willingness to travel
- Know how to take the initiative, seeking out opportunities to learn new skills and put the ones you’ve already got to good use.
- Are not just intelligent, but creative too: ready to come up with novel ideas to solve our clients’ biggest problems.
- A willingness to work fluidly and respectfully with our incredibly talented team.
Fluent German & English
OUR VALUES & CULTURE
We’re serious about ensuring OW is a rewarding, progressive, enjoyable and balanced place to work.
Self starters and free thinkers who work well in a team
We are individuals who are self starting, motivated, energetic, entrepreneurial about what we do
- Common aspiration, collective endeavour, shared success
We have the common aspiration to have an impact, leave a legacy and change the world. We have no interest in running a steady-state business. We want to build, grow and shape the environment around us
- Straightforward, open, respectful interaction
We value an environment where every member of Oliver Wyman is encouraged and expected to voice his or her opinion
- Opportunity without artificial barriers, anti-Kudzu
We value merit and believe that to create a true meritocracy we need to remove artificial barriers to opportunity
- Balanced lives
We value people whose lives balance work and non-work activities because we believe they are both more interesting colleagues and are able to make better contributions to the Firm. We push ourselves hard to deliver excellence, but we also work to extract the maximum benefit from the flexibility of a project-based business. We provide the ability to take career breaks for personal or family reasons. We fundamentally value each other’s time, and are sensitive to how it is used. We are an output not input-based culture, have respect for people’s personal decisions, and believe that one's workload must be sustainable. We seek balance for ourselves and our colleagues.
HOW TO APPLY
If you like what you’ve read, we’d love to hear from you.
If you’d like to learn more about the firm during your application process, please visit www.oliverwyman.com/careers,
Oliver Wyman is an equal opportunity employer.
Our commitment to diversity is genuine, deep and growing. We’re not perfect yet, but we’re working hard right now to make our teams balanced, representative and diverse.